Darren Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you find Darren??

5 posters

Go down

How did you find Darren?? Empty How did you find Darren??

Post by Admin Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:22 am

For me it was nothing short of a miracle. My daughter had MTV on as I was getting ready for work one morning. All of a sudden this man came on, singing about loving someone before he met them.. and right there and then I knew he was going to be someone special to me. I said to myself.. one day he'll know my name. AND HE DOES..lol
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dhforum.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

How did you find Darren?? Empty Re: How did you find Darren??

Post by Adavis Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:02 pm

I was driving home from work, and decided to change the radio station. Insatiable was playing. I don't ever 'hear' lyrics of a song, because of a hearing problem, so it is the melody that usually grabs me. The voice slammed me! The lyrics were crisp and clear. This was enough to intrigue me about Darren Hayes. I looked him up, read about Savage Garden, and decided to buy the album 'spin'. The album captivated me. Every song 'sang' to me. Having never liking an entire album....I decided to buy the 'affirmation' album. At that time, I had a medical emergency that landed me in the hospital for several days. At this time, I was also struggling with facing the beginning of my Mother's dementia, and watching my strong father also struggling with the notion that the love of his life was fading away. When my parents came to see me in the hospital, their fragility was so profound to me, and it left me feeling so unsettled. When I got home, I felt like I was crawling out of my skin, but attributed this feeling to the steroids that were still in my system. Being restless, I decided take a drive, and listen to my new album. Crash and Burn came on, and the lyrics were echoing what I was feeling at that moment. When I heard You Can Be Free, I realized, for the first time, that my feelings of restlessness that I had been feeling for some time, were a result of my fear of losing my parents. It was an epiphany for me, and even more baffling that it was this music that brought me to this realization. There have been several songs of Darren's that have 'come to me' like lightening bolts, that seem to clarify moments or issues that I was dealing with, or just songs that made me aware of something going on. I recently read that our guardian angels will often direct you towards a path through music, and I would like to think that Darren, who has touched so many, is God's instrument to lead us when we need to make life decisions, or to clarify our path.

Adavis

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:57 pm

I had never heard that about guardian angels, but it make so much sense when it comes to Darren. I think the majority of fans are more deeply moved by him than any other singer. His words feel like they come from within us- and he's just the one who voiced them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://dhforum.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSue Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:00 pm

It all started for me when I saw the video to "I Want You". I was so memorized by the video. The song was so catchy! From then on I was hooked. And I am still hooked lol.
SueSue
SueSue

Back to top Go down

Post by Melangelmusic Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:48 pm

For me it all started similarly to SueSue, when I heard 'I Want You' on the radio whilst at college. I was instantly drawn to the song and the music, loved it. Been a massive fan ever since Very Happy
Melangelmusic
Melangelmusic

http://www.Friends-of-Ichthyosis.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hayes_girl74 Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:06 pm

I I was so bored one Sunday afternoon,I was flipping through the channels,between MTV and VH-! and the VJ announced Here is Australia's Savage Garden's I Want You,this was in 1997.I didn't want to see the video at first cause I didn't know who the hell they were but I decided to watch it,and I saw an Angel,Darren,they kept showing him a lot so I figured he was the lead singer,I was in Love,I kept asking myself who is he?and later on in the next few weeks I saw a magazine and there was a pin-up and an article about them,I bought it and found out that Darren's birthday was on the day I bought that magazine.Ever since then I have been in love with his music and him.

hayes_girl74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down